Our client, a leading global investment bank, is looking for a senior C++ developer with proven algorithmic trading development experience to join their front office algo trading technology team.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the algorithmic trading platform especially in strategy/algorithms implementation/development while working directly with the quants. He/she will also be expected to contribute to the core infrastructure system design and architecture decisions as well as being involved in implementing new features and maintenance of existing functionality. The role will also provide regional support for production issues escalated by the first-level support team.
Previous algorithmic trading experience and evidence of developing business-critical software in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity are crucial.
The candidate should:
– Proven years of multi-threaded / distributed development experience in C++ (5-10+ years).
– Previous experience in algorithmic trading systems development is a must.
– Be able to communicate concisely with technologists, traders, quant analysts and product specialists in global teams.
– Be able to demonstrate experience of designing and implementing reliable, scalable real-time applications in a distributed environment.
– Strong knowledge and direct experience with algorithmic trading systems is a must.
– Be comfortable working in a trading floor environment.
– Have a thorough understanding of the Linux operating system and server side development on a Unix-based platform.
– Have deep knowledge of STL and preferably exposure to Boost or other third-party libraries.
– Have experience of working in a front office environment with algorithmic or automated trading systems.
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.