A unique, senior network management opportunity with a leading global bank in Hong Kong; Clear growth potential and attractive remuneration.
The Global Network is composed of multiple complex infrastructure environments. Therefore, the successful candidate will have the required technical hands-on experience and broad product knowledge to lead the team.
Engineering / Project:
– Manage project delivery of new Network Designs and also deliver additional requirements/Expansion on the existing Network Design.
– Manage project schedules and technical documents for networking projects like server farms, trading floors, new buildings, DMZs, VPNs, B2B connections to exchanges, Market Data providers, etc.
– Validate integration of new products and solutions with operations tools and databases and update best practices guides and implementation guidelines.
– Strong advocate for the regional team and work with global peers to drive the global strategy.
– Participate in the change control process to review and validate changes to the network infrastructure.
Operations / Support:
– Team lead position to manage daily network operational activities.
– Ability to work under pressure and providing immediate technical direction to peer’s and team in a real time, revenue effecting network down scenarios.
– Identify and manage risks, contain them and come up with resolution plans, track and oversee the execution of mitigation.
– Manage Network Incident of complex nature as they arise, produce post mortem reports, work on follow-ups with downstream resolution teams.
– Provide escalation support when production problems are escalated to the regional Network Services team.
– Liaising with internal users, vendors and Internal Network Engineering in the operational management of the network.
– Document and maintain accuracy of standard operating procedures and best practices for areas of responsibility.
– Manage maintenance invoices across multiple network platforms including carriers.
– Manage Network operational budgets, resources and provide oversight on projects related activities.
Skills and Experience:
– Minimum 8-10+ years relevant industry experience, preferably in a Securities and Investment firm.
– Self-driven, motivated, goal oriented and willing to take on increased responsibilities.
– Excellent inter-personal, communications, writing and presentation skills and fluent in English/Cantonese.
– Detailed knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in Cisco routing and switching platforms .
– Detailed knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with network security technologies
– Thorough understanding of multi-tier B2B architectures and Internet / ISP routing.
– Detailed understanding and experience of routing protocols and complex redistribution topologies
– Load balancing technologies and route health injection.
– Thorough understanding of multi-tier network architectures and QOS application in such networks.
– Understanding of WAN and MAN technologies.
– Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Able to work in a global team.