Our client, one of the leading global banks, are looking for a talented UNIX Engineer to join their infrastructure team on a nightshift basis. The selected candidate will be part of their global team with large responsibilities across a global infrastructure. Since this role is on Night Shift basis, our client will provide additional allowance and compensation on this.
– Provide and manage Level 2 and 3 Support for Linux or UNIX in a global environment.
– Working closely with the US team on Support and Engineering task.
– Responsible for Unix and Linux support and projects including administration, configurations, patching, upgrades and deployment, etc. Working with global team to provide global infrastructure support.
– Work closely with global counterparts on project coordination and technical matters.
– At least 5 years of Linux / Unix Systems support and administration experience.
– Experience of Unix Operating System with at least one of the following: RHEL 4 and above / Solaris 8, 9 & 10 / AIX 5.3 and above.
– Knowledge of Linux System knowledge including performance optimization, System tuning, Robustness etc.
– Knowledge of Middleware tools e.g. Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, IIS is highly preferable.
– Knowledge of Perl or Shell (and/or other scripting languages) is highly preferable.
– Knowledge and Experience in managing patching, migration, upgrade, installation and configurations with a large enterprise environment.
– Excellent English Communications skill and interpersonal skills. This person will be collaborating with global teams.
– This is a night-shift position on a permanent hiring basis. Open to relocation.