Our client, a leading global investment bank, is looking for a top-notch Solaris/Linux System Administrator to join their core infrastructure team.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team that possesses some of most robust and cutting-edge infrastructure platforms on Wall Street. You will have opportunities to work with various stakeholders from technology (engineering team) and business to implement best “run-the-bank” practices and to ensure long-term improvements and scalability.
– Strong Verbal/Written Communication Skills (Excellent interpersonal/project mgmt follow-up skills)
– Strong knowledge of Perl (and/or other scripting languages)
– Strong Linux Operating System knowledge (preferably RedHat distribution)
– Knowledge of Solaris Operating System
– Strong on storage related products and technologies (SAN, NAS, storage pools, host level mirroring)
– Overall knowledge, troubleshooting, design improvements, understanding of different storage area network topologies, knowledge of FabricOS (Brocade Operating System on switches), familiarity with OnTap Operating System
– Must have knowledge of vxvm or a similar volume manager tooling
– Strong documentation Skills
– Must have the aptitude and the interest to work in a variety of technologies
– Customer interaction skills are required
– Possess ability to craft innovative technical solutions in a challenging environment
– Understanding of core server concepts, Disks, CPU, Network interfaces and nominal routing trouble-Shooting