Our client, a highly technology driven and innovative investment bank, is looking for passionate, driven and self-motivated Site Reliability Engineers who thrive on problem solving and efficiency improvement to join their growing EQ Tech team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will ensure that our systems are healthy, automated, and scalable. You will collaborate with dev teams to improve our production services, facilitate fast delivery of new services, and reduce downtime. Site Reliability Engineers utilize automation and solid engineering principles to optimize existing systems, build infrastructure and reduce support needs.
– Proactive management of production services (latency and overall system health)
– Provide system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews before roll-out
– Ensure scalability through automation as well as improving reliability and speed
– Practice sustainable incident management in a collaborative culture.
– Identify and build improvements to system behavior, control and monitoring tools.
– Lead projects to improve the availability, stability and performance continuously (e.g. DR, stress/capacity testing, etc.)
– Assist developments teams on roll-out planning and execution
– Work with regional and global teams on collaborative initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
– Experience in one or more of the following: C++, Java, Python, and/or Perl.
– Solid analytical and problem solving skills
– Experience with developing applications in a Linux environment
– Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
– Development / scripting experience in a mission-critical environment
– Ability to ensure appropriate test coverage through unit and automated testing
– Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
– Systematic problem-solving approach with a sense of ownership and drive
– Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience
– Prior SRE experience is highly preferred but not required
– Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure
– Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator; willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
– Possess strong client-facing skills; Build trusted relationship with stakeholders
– Interest in financial markets, technology and the ability to learn
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/