Our client, an innovative, technology driven global investment bank, is looking for a proven big data / machine learning data scientist to join their front office team; They are an industry leader in incorporating the latest technology into their core business and are continuing to set themselves apart as a technologically innovative firm.
– Employ latest data science and machine learning techniques to analyze extremely large amount of data (big data scale) to identify new patterns and contribute to developing new trading strategies
– Provide forecasting on various aspects of trades and clients’ interests based on knowledge gained through machine learning and data science techniques
– Propose new business ideas or suggest improvement based using very large scale historical/new data.
– You will have the opportunity to delve deeper into your areas of interest as you gain deeper understanding of the trading business
– Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
– Proven experience in machine learning, data science using Python and/or R
– Experience in software development, including data structures, algorithms, software design and fundamental programming concepts
– Familiarity with statistical computing languages or packages – Numpy/Scipy/Sklean, Git, Matla
– Strong understanding of quantitative analysis and/or mathematics including probability, statistics, etc.
– Programming background in compiled or scripting languages – C/C++, or Java would be preferred
– Interest and desire to learn about financial markets
– Knowledge of distributed computing and/or big data
– Ability manage and build relationship with senior stakeholders (heads, MDs)
– Excellent communication skills to speak to both business users and technology teams
– Passion for problem solving and product development; Ability to think outside the box
– Strong problem solving and analytical skills