Algo and Electronic Trading Technology is responsible for front office applications used to support global macro business. Systems supported include both In-house and 3rd party application leveraging a variety of technologies. The global team is comprised of over 200 staff in London, NY, Asia (HK/JP/SG).
– Develop robust, high performance, unit-tested Kdb+ solutions, both tactical and strategic as required and prioritised
– Deliver solutions in line with the strategic Electronic/Algo Trading Tech Kdb architecture
– Understand/Leverage the current code base to design/develop new components
– Work closely with senior business users to understand requirements and deliver high quality solutions
– Provide estimates for tasks, including design, development and testing
– The candidate will be able to communicate with senior stakeholders (D/MD) to understand their requirements and manage their expectations of delivery
– Key stakeholders must be kept aware of the processes and procedures require for work prioritization
– The candidate should understand the impact a change has when defining solutions and build this into estimates
– Cover L3 support and perform releases when necessary
– Excellent Q/Kdb+ programming skills on Linux
– 5-10 years development experience in front office / electronic trading systems.
– Strong knowledge of agile and SDLC processes
– Experience of low latency systems
– Hands-on experience with large-scale full-lifecycle development; ideally on large distributed kdb+ systems
– Strong academic record
– Experience with Maven / Java / Git / Team City would be a plus
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/