Our client, a top-notch global investment bank, is looking for a strong technical leader for its Asia team, based out of Hong Kong. The Stock Loan team is global in nature and the successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the other regional leads to continue development and maintenance of the Stock Loan systems. This candidate will also be expected to work closely with IED/SWAPS and PB as the businesses are closely tied.
Direct face-off with the business unit is another large part of this role. The candidate will meet regularly with the business and key stakeholders to discuss project status as well as any system requirements for business changes and new requests.
– Proven track record of leadership on the development side of technology (Preferably in financial services sector).
– Experience dealing with Senior Managers (Senior Traders, IT).
– Excellent skills in planning, recruitment and talent development.
– Experience developing trading systems.
– Good understanding of design patterns.
– Strong Command of Core Java concepts such as multi-threading, synchronization and building services in a distributed UNIX environment.
– Strong knowledge of RDBMS (such as Sybase, DB2, or Oracle) and how to apply technology in a pragmatic way.
– Strong written and verbal skills in English are a must
– Experience in financial sector with focus on Securities Lending, Swaps, Prime Brokerage