The Data Scientist will be part of the front office trading desk. You will work with huge amounts of data (generated on a daily basis) and leverage other internal data points to provide enhanced market color and improve processes. You will leverage your expertise to research data across the entire strats/quants business to identify patterns that can be exploited. You will work directly with various key stakeholders and senior managers and provide strategic input to multiple business groups and teams. Candidates from non-banking background are welcome.
– PhD or Masters in statistics, economics, operations research, computer science, mathematics, machine learning, etc.
– Proven experience of analysing real-world data in a first class research environment. Exposure to a variety of datasets would be an advantage
– An advanced level of statistical and mathematical knowledge, with the ability to develop original measures and tests fit for purpose
– Expert in machine learning algorithms for use on large data sets
– Hands on experience with large data sets and MPP RDBMS or map-reduce architectures
– Exposure to machine learning algorithms.
– Passionate about data
– Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
– Previous banking/finance background is not necessary