We are working with a prominent financial institution with a sophisticated financial trading network, as the Network Operations and Performance Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the network infrastructure, ensuring its reliability, availability, and optimal performance. You will play a critical role in maintaining and improving the network systems, identifying areas of improvement, and implementing effective solutions to enhance network performance. This position requires strong technical expertise, and the ability to work collaboratively with vendors and technology teams.
– Ensure smooth functioning of the network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and network devices.
– Monitor network performance including latency, burst, packet rate, packet drop, etc. Provide analysis and tuning of the mission-critical networks.
– Plan, implement, and oversee network upgrades, expansions, and enhancements to meet the evolving needs of the business.
– Automate existing network and systems operations through scripting.
– Collaborate with network service providers on project implementations and production support.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as IT Infrastructure, Security, and Applications, to ensure seamless integration and coordination of network activities.
– Develop and maintain network documentation, including network diagrams, configuration details, and standard operating procedures.
– Stay up-to-date with advancements in network technology and industry best practices, continuously evaluating and recommending improvements to network infrastructure.
– Prepare and present network performance reports to senior management, highlighting key metrics and areas for improvement.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
– Minimum of 7 years of experience in network operations, preferably within the financial services industry.
– Proven experience in managing large-scale enterprise networks, including LAN, and WAN solutions.
– Strong knowledge of networking protocols, technologies, and services, such as TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN, and Firewall.
– Experience with network monitoring and management tools, such as Corvil, SolarWinds, or similar.
– Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to quickly diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to drive technical people and vendors.
– Relevant certifications, such as CCNP or CCIE, are highly desired.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License #72371)