Our client, one of the top US Buy Side firms, is urgently looking for a Senior UNIX / Linux Engineer to join their dedicated team of technologists responsible for managing and supporting their electronic trading infrastructure. This is a technical and hands-on role with great potential and remuneration.
– Manage and support the firm’s electronic trading infrastructure (including Linux / RHEL, virtualisation, low latency trading, Linux tuning etc.) in a global infra environment.
– Hands-on UNIX / Linux: installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning and automation for the production trading environment.
– Monitoring the performance and health of the critical production trading environment.
– Work closely with engineers, devs, and other colleagues to find solutions to complex problems, including off-hours, weekends and holidays for support (when required).
– At least 6 to 8+ years’ UNIX / Linux systems administration experience in UNIX, Linux, and RHEL in a Bank / Financial Institution.
– In-depth OS knowledge (operating systems processes, performance tuning, kernel bypass); as well as experience covering x86 hardware and low latency networking interfaces.
– Hands-on scripting, automation and (Bash, Python, Perl / Powershell) and system tooling.- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform).
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related).
– Good English communication skills.
– Knowledge and experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), Storage (SAN / NAS / iSCSI), Windows-Linux interaction, and RHCE certification is a definite advantage.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 68987)