Our client, a leading buy side firm, is looking for a talented UNIX Engineer to join their multinational infrastructure team. The selected candidate would be part of their global team with large responsibilities across the global infrastructure. Great potential and remuneration.
– Provide support for mission critical trading systems on a Linux platform.
– MAXIMUM 5 years of Linux / Unix Systems support and administration experience.
– Experience of Linux / Unix Operating System with the following: RHEL 5 / 6, Ubuntu and Solaris 10 / 11.
– Knowledge of Linux System knowledge including performance optimization, System tuning, Robustness etc.
– Knowledge of Perl or Shell (and/or other scripting languages) is highly preferable.
– Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, SSH, NFS and various filesystems.
– Experience with a programming language like C++ or Java preferred.
– Excellent English Communications skill and interpersonal skills.