Looking for a seasoned EQ / EQ DRVT Business Analysis Lead with proven experience working in global financial firms / investment banks; Unique opportunity to impact and grow with a strategically expanding organization in Hong Kong; Competitive remuneration.
An established global financial firm is looking for a Senior Business Analyst Lead to work in a fast-paced, fast-growing, global equity business that is building a world-class global technology platform to support further expansion (Based in Hong Kong).
This opportunity is for an experienced business analyst who will work with a team of top professionals, analyzing requirements, reviewing/producing specifications and designing solutions and business process models for new technology platforms and the integration of existing systems. The incumbent will interface directly with the regional equities trading desks, internal development, QA, and product vendors, ensuring that cost effective business appropriate solutions are put forward and understood by all of the stakeholders.
Candidates must possess an entrepreneurial spirit along with a strong ability to work with a close knit team of experienced professionals with a proven track record. This role affords a unique opportunity to directly contribute to the success of a strategic area of the firms overall business plans, reporting to the Director of Equities Technology.
– Work side by side with the equity trading desk in order to understand and model business processes affording them with the flexibility needed to grow the business globally
– Design and document technology solutions in support of new processes and trading opportunities
– Interface with vendors, development, and QA; ensuring that the requirements and business processes are understood and properly executed
– Work as part of a global team of technology professionals that is responsible for large strategic global programs of work, as well as critical regional projects
– Prioritize initiatives and direct resources in line with business needs, regulatory mandates, and revenue impact
– Develop strong partnerships with internal teams in support of new initiatives and revenue growth
Required Skills / Experience:
– At least 10 yrs experience in a technology or business analyst capacity for the global equities markets
– Demonstrable understanding of front to back office equity/equity derivatives operations including: trading/trade lifecycle, smart order routing, DMA, programs, clearing/settlement, compliance and regulatory obligations
– Thorough understanding of cash equity and equity derivative instruments in Asia with familiarity for the global equities markets
– Experience with the FIX protocol and the challenges of global order routing
– Experience with a sell side order management system
– Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including proven experience in troubleshooting effectively in a fast-paced, time-critical environment
– Experience with 3rd party vendor system integration / implementation (e.g. Patsystems, UL Link, Fidessa)
– Must be motivated and a self-directed individual who is committed to excellence and providing a high level of customer service
– A proven team-player with superior interpersonal, organizational, as well as oral and written communications skills
– Work effectively in an environment with multiple concurrent initiatives, demonstrating strong time management, solid judgment and prioritization skills
– Four year degree from an accredited school, preferably in an applicable discipline (Finance/Business Administration/Computer Science)
Desired Skills / Experience:
– Experience and expertise with SQL/relational databases
– Experience with Excel/MS Project/Visio
– Current or previous experience working in a smaller organization (hedge fund, brokerage, solutions providers) would be preferred
– Post graduate degree in applicable disciplines (Finance/Business Administration/Computer Science)
– Fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin beneficial