Our client, a leading financial institution with massive real-time high-frequency transactions, is looking for an IT Risk Associate to join their IT Risk Governance Team. The selected candidate will be a key person in supporting their Security and Risk Management.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to monitor IT systems, processes, and controls for potential risks, and develop a comprehensive understanding of the Firmwide’s IT infrastructure.
– Assist in identifying potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses in existing controls, and recommend appropriate measures to mitigate risks.
– Conduct risk assessments and control testing to evaluate the effectiveness of IT controls and identify any control deficiencies or non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
– Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and regulatory guidelines, and assess their impact on the Firmwide’s IT environment.
– Develop and implement IT risk management policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with the firm’s risk appetite.
– Assist in the development and execution of IT risk management training programs to promote awareness and understanding of risks within the organization.
– Monitor emerging technology trends and assess their potential impact on the firm’s IT risk landscape.
– Collaborate with IT teams to design and implement robust controls and security measures in new IT initiatives.
– Support internal and external audits by providing evidence of control effectiveness, addressing audit findings, and implementing corrective actions.
– Stay up-to-date with current cybersecurity threats and trends, and assist in the development and execution of incident response plans.
– Provide regular reports to management and stakeholders on the status of IT risks and controls, and recommend any necessary actions to address identified gaps.
Qualifications and Skills:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications such as CRISC, CISA, or CISSP are highly desirable.
– Proven experience in IT risk management, IT audit, or cybersecurity within the financial services industry.
– Solid understanding of IT risk and control frameworks, regulations, and industry standards such as COBIT, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and ITIL.
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate complex IT systems and processes, identify risks, and recommend appropriate controls.
– Knowledge of regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, SOX, PCI DSS, and GDPR.
– Excellent communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin) and English, with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders, including IT teams, auditors, and senior management.
– Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to learn new technologies and stay abreast of industry trends.
– Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Familiarity with IT governance frameworks, IT service management, and enterprise risk management methodologies.
– Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License #72371)