A unique and exciting opportunity awaits an experienced and top-caliber Capacity Management & Performance Tuning Expert to join a top financial institution.
– Implement Business lead Capacity Planning
– Work with the asset class IT and Technology teams to identify constraints and bottlenecks in the applications and infrastructure
– Work with the Business to understand volume variations (growth and declines) in the future to enable accurate modeling
– Produce a consolidated Capacity Plan, enabling all business growth and future requirements to be seen from a single point
– Work with the Technical Infrastructure Managers to produce a project brief for each Capacity related upgrade to ensure that appropriate capacity is provided at the optimum time; and to maintain the below metrics:
– Infrastructure and application metrics are continually correlated and monitored from drift
– Future requirements are based on projections from the business, not on the current trend
– Current business volumes are measured and trended against the projections, to ensure that plans remain valid
– Capacity is planned on application performance (e.g. latency, batch windows), not to an individual infrastructure metric
– Remit to analyze end to end system architecture and provide tactical &strategic solutions to tuning performance of the various layers of infrastructure; concentrating on low hanging fruit. Utilize the current market technologies such as TeamQuest Manager to monitor business critical low latency applications F2B.
– Implement and/or work with HSBC Global Infrastructure teams to putting framework and governance to ensure all capacity & performance processes are ever-greened.
This role requires someone with general Infrastructure Capacity Management experience. This is a 6-month contract initially with a good chance of extension. Immediate availability highly preferred.