Our client, a top-tier investment bank, is looking for an experienced core Java developer to join their fast growing Equity Derivative Market-Making team in Hong Kong
The team will focus on a combination of business-facing derivatives RFQ projects, core global Java infrastructure, and advanced dynamic language extensions to the core platform to deliver rapid solutions to the desk.
The role involves all aspects of the software life cycle – from requirements gathering, analysis of existing systems and functionalities, through to design and implementation. The candidate will also be involved in the final production roll out and subsequent support.
– Exceptionally strong hands-on Java; track record leading & shaping/training technical teams
– Experience with messaging systems, performance intensive problem domains, multithreading and multiprocessing in mission critical distributed server systems is a must.
– Equity options (ideally) or equity cash risk or trading applications; High-frequency FX experience will also be considered
– Experience with high performance, large-scale systems – e.g. grid systems like DataSynapse or GigaSpaces
– Experience working globally & facing the desk; this is not an HK-only role
– Team-building experience, particularly managing remote teams is preferred
– FIX & exchange connectivity experience
– Tuning for low-latency Java
– E-trading & electronic risk management background