My client, a leading bank in Hong Kong, is looking for a Head of Data Center Operations. Selected candidate will be the key person to drive the management of the Data Centers in Hong Kong. Work closely with senior management and manage a sizeable team.
– Lead and Manage sizeable Data Center Operations team. Ensure the stable operations of their data centers in Hong Kong.
– Define Data Center Operations standard. Fulfilling the requirements from regulators (HKMA).
– Manage all technical works (including deployment, troubleshooting and break/fix) across the data centers. Ensure those work are following the firm’s standards;
– Work with and direct vendors & contractors;
– Define ITIL and other best practices. Contribute to the continual enhancement of standards & policies and support procedures;
– Oversight daily DC operations including: physical access/security, DC infrastructure (cabling, cooling, racking) and lead the team to work with relevant technical teams (Windows, UNIX, Network etc).
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant);
– 10 + year’s solid experience in a data centre operations role and complex enterprise environment;
– Good Team Management experience;
– Knowledge in data centre design and engineering (such as electrical & data cabling, cooling/ventilation etc);
– Strong experience deploying and troubleshooting Windows or UNIX Servers, Backup and Storage, Network hardware (routers / switches / firewalls);
– Knowledge in ITIL, Service Management and other audit/regulatory standards would also be good;
– Understand Banking regulations including HKMA would be good.
– Strong communication skills, able to work with multiple technology teams in a diverse environment;