My client, a leading global financial institution, is looking for a Head of Data Engineering to join their expanding regional team. Selected candidate will be leading the development of Big Data Technology based on Cloud platforms. Exciting opportunity to get into the hottest technology space for the next decade.
– Set the Data Architecture and strategy for the region.
– Ensure the data pipelines are scalable and secure for multiple stakeholders and users in the firm.
– Act as the Data Expertise to provide technical insight and advice on Data technology implementation and adoption.
– Ability to translate complex functional and technical requirements into architecture design.
– Lead the design and build of data patterns and services – both batch, real-time, complex event handling etc.
– Lead the data engineering team and provide information, expertise, and direction.
– Work with the Analytics and Data Management team to determine the technical details and features of the Big Data platform. Design the technology roadmaps for future scalability.
– Provide real world insight and recommendations to business, where the Big Data platform can be driving a greater value for future business.
– Work closely with the stakeholders and project sponsors to ensure the timely delivery.
– Ensure all data management process conform to the firm standard and aligning with the firm’s data architecture. Provide guidance on data quality, metadata management, data stewardship and security.
– Extensive Big Data and data warehousing experience.
– Hands-on experience in leading the design, development and implementation of the big data software platform.
– Extensive understanding of database and analytical technologies including MPP and NoSQL databases, datawarehousing, BI, and Dashboard design.
– Extensive understanding of Hadoop technologies. Programming or scripting languages like Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python, R and SAS.
– Expert knowledge in different (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as Hawq/HDB, MongoDB, Cassandra or Hbase
– Strong understanding of cloud technologies platform like AWS or Azure is highly preferred.
– Great communications skill to work with business stakeholders on analytics, project management, and advisory.
– Master Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/