This role is for a Developer within the RAD team primarily working across multiple systems supporting the Derivatives desk in the APAC region. This business is at the forefront of industry-leading innovative client-focused solutions using big data and financial modeling. The ideal candidate will have securities industry experience and the job entails putting together robust systems using VBA, SQL, and Excel.
– Build strong partnerships with global stakeholders to implement robust time-to-market solutions.
– Develop, implement, and enhance the front office pricing/analytics/risk systems as part of the global RAD team
– Analyse existing systems/processes and design new components to provide alternate solutions as well as provide recommendations of a chosen approach.
– The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, have a broad knowledge of financial instruments including financial asset pricing.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
– Excellent verbal & written English communication skills.
– Substantial experience in fundamental computer science knowledge (data structure, algorithms, best practices, etc.)
– Strong proficiency in Excel/VBA
– Substantial hands-on experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
– Experience in a Rapid Application Development environment
– Strong Financial industry Front Office IT experience (Buy or Sell-side)
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Comfortable facing off directly to front office users.
– Sense of ownership and accountability and ability to work independently
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Math, Stats or related engineering field.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)