A leading investment bank is seeking a Global Mobility & Expatriate Tax Expert to join their APAC team.
– Manage the end-to-end international assignment process for Asia at all levels.
– Support various aspects of the expatriate tax function to ensure compliance, reporting and cost management
– Produce and discuss tax metrics and reporting with senior management
– Assist in tax compliance activities including tax equalization, receivable recovery, tax filings and communications, tax audits etc.
– Lead tax effective planning initiatives for APAC region moves, working closely with the assignment managers to minimize cost
– Carry out assignment briefings to explain compensation and tax matters to assignees and assignment managers
– Act as first point of contact for assignees, assignment managers and HR on all international assignment issues
– Work closely with key stakeholders on relocation policies, providing recommendations, and preparing packages (Cost projections, assignment letters, visa applications etc.) for HR and assignment managers
– Coordinate and manage all third party vendors for services being provided to the assignees
– Work closely with C&B team on internal transfer requirements, such as, payroll, benefits, and pension
– Participate in various global and regional projects; assist in designing and enhancing policies and processes
– Perform analysis and reporting
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or other related field
– Must have 5+ years of Global Mobility experience within banking industry
– Sound knowledge of expatriate tax policies (Tax equalization etc.)
– Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
– Technical proficiency with Excel (V-lookup, pivot tables), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
– Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact, influence and build cross-functional relationships
– Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
– Ability to liaise and influence at all levels
– Flexibility and ability to multi-task and prioritize