Research Technology is an independent function within the Information Technology department. It reports directly to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for managing the application technology needs of Equities Research, Sales and Client Strategy departments.
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader to head our Equity Research Technology organization out of Hong Kong. This role will be responsible for application development, maintenance and support for Equities Research, Sales and Client Strategy business lines. The technology teams reporting into this role are located in Hong Kong, Pune and Tokyo. The clients and end users of the applications are globally located in Asia, UK and USA.
The role reports to the Chief Information Officer.
– Strategic planning and delivery of technology architecture and components to help achieve business goals
– Oversee software development, testing and rollout of solutions needed by Research, Sales and Client Strategy
– Oversee production and training of Technology Operations staff responsible for application support
– Budgeting, financial planning and ensuring financial discipline
– Talent recruitment, retention and management for people in the Advisory Technology space
– Stakeholder management including but not limited to monthly updates on projects; escalation of delays and taking reasonable steps to ensure timely project delivery
Skills and Experience:
– At least 15 years of IT experience in an investment bank or a related area
– Familiarity with Research, Sales and Client Strategy businesses at an investment bank or a related area
– Experience managing people in a multi-cultural environment
– Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin (optional)
– Proven track record of development management, program management and/or delivery of large-scale financial systems (ideally with a focus on digital/web presence)
– Creative problem-solving skills
– Skills for Business Transformation, Development & Strategic Planning
– Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)