My client, a leading investment bank, is looking for a strong Data Center Project Manager to join their team. The selected candidate will be managing the regional Data Center portfolio.
– Lead the Data Center buildouts in Asia. Accountable for data centers provision and management from initial requirements, construction through rack/stack of technology equipment to asset life cycle management.
– Responsible for leading the end to end project delivery across planning, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of regional Data Center projects.
– Gather hardware requirements BOM (model, delivery dates, etc.) from various IT teams. Build up rack matrix/elevations based on the requirement from different silos.
– Work with the Datacenter vendors of the buildout of the DC space with respect to the Rack, Cabling Installation.
– Centralize all installation requests from different IT Teams. Raising Change Management request.
– Manage the Data Center Migrations and Consolidations projects which include the scope planning, budgeting, timelines, infrastructure delivery, rack and sacks, data migration, technical and business checkouts, go-live/cutover.
– Manage the equipment inventory management and rack elevations.
– Provide Data Centre Power-down management: coordination with different vendors and all IT silos for DC power down events.
– Manage IT Infrastructure and project teams (vendor and In-house) specializing in the design and implementation of Data Center infrastructure.
– Around 4 – 6 years’ experience in a data center management role.
– Data Center migration and consolidation program experience from capacity planning, financials/budget, timelines, managing network Infrastructure delivery, rack and stack, data migration, technical and business checkouts, to go-live/cutover.
– Good understanding of data center infrastructure and its resiliency design (UPS, Generator, CRAC, cabling, containment routes, etc).
– Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP) or equivalent qualification is preferred.
– Strong project management experience across disciplines and practices.
– Proficient Project Life Cycle Management and implementation.
– Strong communication skills in English, able to work with multiple technology teams in a diverse environment.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)