Our client, one of the leading investment banks, is looking for a number of strong network engineers to join their team and help manage, support and deliver infrastructure including the backbone for their high-performance, electronic trading infrastructure. Excellent learning opportunity and challenging projects. Great remuneration.
Candidates with non-banking background also welcome to apply.
– Examine, analyze, and support a global enterprise network (routers, switches, firewalls), including the bank’s electronic trading network infrastructure.
– Work as part of a regional & global team to face off key stakeholders, gather requirements, execute projects and influence the strategic direction of the network infrastructure.
– Actively monitor, ensure latency requirements and respond to any issues in a timely manner.
– Apply in-depth technical knowledge and respond to escalated issues – final level escalation for high impact network issues/incidents, resolve any latency and data inconsistency (packet drop) issues, as well as any other issues that would negatively impact the low-latency infrastructure.
– Excellent knowledge of data networking principles as well as specific technologies to manage/support high-speed low-latency networks.
– Expert ability to decode packets and identify potential network and application issues.
– Proven knowledge in the technologies below:
• Switches & Routers including Cisco, Juniper and Nortel / BNT / Arista Switches, Adva DWDM and F5 BigIP Load Balancers.
• Low Latency Specific Tools including Corvil and SevOne. Endace & nPulse Hammerhead Probes.
• Ethernet technologies: spanning tree, vlans, trunking, channeling, multilayer switching.
• WAN technologies: SONET/SDH, MPLS.
• IP routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, RIP.
• Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDP.
– CCIE (or Juniper equivalent) a definite advantage.
– Proficiency in UNIX or Linux shell. Scripting in Perl.
– Excellent Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
– High level of initiative, proactive approach; sense of ownership.
PLEASE INCLUDE CURRENT/EXPECTED SALARY ON THE CV