Our client, a top-tier global investment bank, is looking for an extremely strong network engineer to join their high-performance, low-latency trading system network infrastructure team; Excellent learning opportunity and challenging projects; Great remuneration.
Candidates with suitable experience will be considered for the VP-level role
– Examine, analyze, and support a global enterprise network (routers, switches, firewalls); including the bank’s electronic trading infrastructure.
– Work as part of a regional & global team.
– Excellent opportunity to work on projects: face off key stakeholders, gather requirements and execute key projects affecting the network infrastructure.
– Actively monitor, ensure latency requirements and respond to any issues in a timely manner.
– Apply in-depth technical knowledge and respond to escalated issues – final level escalation for high impact network issues/incidents, resolve any latency and data inconsistency (packet drop) issues, as well as any other issues that would negatively impact the low-latency infrastructure.
– Excellent knowledge of data networking principles as well as specific technologies to manage/support high-speed low-latency networks.
– Expert ability to decode packets and identify potential network and application issues.
– Proven knowledge in the technologies below:
• Cisco Routers and Switches & Juniper Routers / Switches. CCIE and Juniper equivalent a big plus.
• Nortel / BNT and Arista Switches. Adva DWDM, F5 BigIP Load Balancers.
• Low latency and network monitoring tools including Corvil and SevOne.
• Ethernet technologies: spanning tree, vlans, trunking, channeling, multilayer switching
• WAN technologies: SONET/SDH, MPLS
• IP routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, RIP
• Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDP
– Proficiency in UNIX or Linux shell. Scripting in Perl.
– Excellent English communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills. Mandarin a plus.
– High level of initiative, proactive approach; sense of ownership.
PLEASE INCLUDE CURRENT/EXPECTED SALARY ON THE CV