We are working with a major insurance group in Hong Kong, where they are expanding the Innovation Lab for the next generation InsurTech platform. They are looking for a strong Digital Engineering Leader to lead the customer technology division. The selected candidate will be working on exciting products, talented technology people, and innovative ideas across the firm. Great remuneration and opportunity.
– Lead the development division on product development, technical direction, architectural framework, and strategy.
– Work with different stakeholders and understand the direction of the InsurTech division.
– Act as a Product SME and provide technical insight to achieve the business vision through building new innovative technical products.
– Provide guidance and direction on software engineering across coding practices, design patterns, deployment, and production support.
– Lead the streamlining of development processes including the DevOps model, and automate the deployment and testing processes.
– Overview of the full lifecycle through design, development, and implementation.
– Manage the engineering Team across development resources, team management, and appraisals.
– Manage a highly effective and motivated team by demonstrating leadership, and providing mentorship to the team members.
– Evaluate new technologies with the technical team especially open-source, new development tools, and new algorithmic code where they can be possibly brought into the team.
– Understand the technical challenge and provide the right resources to solve those problems.
– Hands-on full-stack development experience is preferred. Ideally has practical development experience in the past.
– Strong development management experience in managing agile/scrum teams.
– Strong understanding of OO Development and DevOps model.
– Experience in building Java-based Systems, good knowledge of application architecture and design patterns.
– Exposure to Public Cloud (AWS / Azure) and Kubernetes platform.
– Experience with CI/CD models.
– A candidate with innovative development, R&D, and startup experience is a plus.
– Understanding of the financial sectors. Consulting background in the insurance/finance field would be a great plus.
– Innovative mindset – Always think outside the box.
– Strong business acumen in working with different business stakeholders.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in Chinese (Cantonese) and English.
– Degree from a reputable University.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)