Our client, a leading enterprise with one of Asia’s largest multi-cloud platforms, is looking for a Database Engineering Lead to design and build their Databases Services and Infrastructure. The selected candidate will be a technical leader who manages the database services.
– Act as the Infrastructure Database Leadership to manage the design and build of the cloud-native database-related infrastructure services including On-Premise, public and private cloud.
– Manage the whole database lifecycle including design, build and run. Ensure the reliability and availability of the database services.
– Manage the team and resources within the Infrastructure and production to ensure the provision of quality services.
– Evaluates technology products to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and achieve cost-saving.
– Provide guidance to DBA team and Cloud team on engineering matters.
– Manage infrastructure projects across implementation, migration, and ongoing support.
– Manage database services related to budget and costing.
– Review consistently on the usage of database inventory on-going basis and work on consolidation, migration, and deletion of assets associated and ensure savings to IT spending.
– Manage the incident and problem resolution from an infrastructure services perspective.
– At least 10 years of database technology management and support experience, with recent years in a cloud environment and structure.
– Experience in building, deploying, and managing the production environment of cloud-based databases in a large enterprise environment.
– Experience in managing distributed databases for example Mongo, Gemfire, CouchDB etc.
– Experience in data cache technologies for example Redis, Couchbase etc.
– Sound Knowledge of Desired State, Config Management, Orchestration (e.g Terraform and Ansible)
– Strong knowledge of database security, encryption, and audit & controls for SOX, and PCI
– Team leadership experience to work in a multi-cultural organization.
– Public Cloud environment experience in AWS and Azure.
– Excellent Communications skills in English.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)