Our client, a financial institution with a global presence, is looking for a Chief Data Officer for the Asia Region. The selected candidate would be leading and executing the strategic roadmap of data technology to enable advanced analytics, AI, digital and smart reporting. We are expecting a senior leader to be able to work with global and regional stakeholders with the ability to provide regional leadership on data governance, technology delivery, and management.
– Provide Leadership on Data & Technology. Work with senior management in setting the data strategy and vision. Bring the data capabilities to enable the future business and technology vision across AI, digital, advanced analytics etc.
– Lead the Asia Data Office across Data Governance, Standard, Data Architecture, Build and Delivery, and Enablement.
– Work with the Global and Regional business leaders in collaboration around value-driven data governance and focusing effort in what is best to deliver to customers, employees and shareholders.
– Build an Asia Data Campion on open data design and architecture that builds for flexibility.
– Lead the technical delivery teams in translating complex requirements into detailed architecture, design and high performing capabilities with the Enterprise Data Lake.
– Work closely with Asia CIO and to align the Data strategy and business requirements.
– Work with regional countries’ offices to enable and enhance their data engineering capabilities.
– Work with other technology leaders and provide thought leadership with the advancement of cloud infrastructure capabilities to support the Asia Data requirements.
– A strong proven professional experience in demonstrating modern data capabilities and leadership.
– Advanced data engineering and analytical skills for large scale enterprise-level projects.
– Extensive expertise in data technologies including the use of data to support software development, advanced analytics, and reporting. Experience in adopting Cloud and Hadoop-based technologies.
– Experience with leading a large operations and technology team for big data platforms.
– Proven success in managing and building strong relationships with Senior Business Leaders, technical teams, external partners and vendors.
– Experience in working with different cultural backgrounds and environments.
– Ability in presenting complex ideas clearly with the ability to manage the complexities of executing significant change across business boundaries.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to work with senior executive level management.
– Financial industry background is a must.
– Ability to travel up to 50% of the time across the Asia region.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/