Our client, a leading insurance group is looking for a Big Data ETL Manager to join their Data Engineering team. The selected candidate will be leading the technical transformation across on the data engineering to go to the Cloud space. Great opportunity for someone to be a true technical leader in the Cloud Data Engineering space.
– Lead the solution design and end-to-end technology development of their data engineering solutions which empowers the future Big Data and Data Analytics abilities.
– Define and evaluate new technologies development including application design, framework, and standard.
– Act as the lead person in supporting the Data Engineering and Analytics Solutions for internal stakeholders.
– Understand and review project requirements with the most appropriate suitable solutions.
– Develop Data Warehouse and ETL Solutions including integrations with complex business platforms.
– Establish and maintain core data models, information standards, tools, templates, and data management lifecycle controls.
– Manage the development and implementation of Data models and solutions. Evaluate the existing data models and plan new best solutions with specifications across data flow models, data flow timing, data mapping, data validations, and controls.
– Explore and design Data Solutions using Cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
– At least 8 years of experience in the Data Engineering and Data Warehousing domain.
– Recent team leadership experience in guiding a small team on development work.
– Extensive experience in designing, building, and operationalizing the large-scale enterprise data solutions and applications using public cloud data platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) with services and solutions on Spark, Azure Data Lake, HDInsights, SQL DW, DocumentDB, Search, Elastic Pool, etc.
– Experience in designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala, etc.
– Experience in BI tools including OBIEE, Olik, Tableau, and PowerBI.
– Experience in ETL tools including ODI and Informatica.
– Experience in leading a sizeable data solutions project.
– Good presentation skills to business stakeholders.
– Good communication skills in English and Cantonese.
– Degree from a reputable University.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)