Our client, a leading fintech with innovative products, is looking for an experienced DBA with AWS cloud exposure. The ideal candidate will be managing the database infrastructure, operations and projects. Talented team with global exposure. Perm Position.
– Provide database administration, configuration, tuning, and maintenance, troubleshooting of the Oracle and AWS RDS/Aurora database farm.
– Lead and manage the 7×24 production support of the database environments.
– Lead the investigating and diagnosing production issues or outages;
– Manage database migration projects and new database built on AWS Cloud platform.
– Provide constructive database advice to the application and infrastructure teams on effective Database services.
– Provide support and implementation work to application teams including database setup, schema changes, and SQL performance analysis.
– Manage the patch installations/upgrades of operating systems and databases.
– Provide project management on database implementation including planning, scheduling, quality control, vendor management, compliance/audit, budget management, etc.
– At least 8 years of technology experience with an in-depth background in Database Engineering.
– Deep PostgreSQL expertise.
– Extensive experience with DB tooling, monitoring, and best practices for alerting.
– Knowledge of Cloud-based database platforms (e.g. AWS RDS or Aurora) is a huge advantage.
– Experience in handling replication and leveraging replicas for scale, performance, and failover.
– Experience with addressing high availability and resilience concerns.
– Knowledge of backup strategies in a multi-region setup.
– Experience with AWS Cloud is highly preferred.
– A strong mindset of Infrastructure as a code approach.
– Excellent command of written and spoken English.
– University degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)