Our client, a leading bank with a global presence, is looking for a Head of Technology for their APAC region. The selected candidate will be leading the large-size technology team in maintaining key financial services technology as well as building next-generation innovative Fintech.
– Act as a leader to drive the IT strategy and direction. Work closely with the senior executive leaders to understand the bank’s regional needs and long-term vision.
– Act as the bridge with senior business leaders across Commercial, Corporate, and Banking Finance business on Technology vision and planning.
– Manage a large technology division compose of application, infrastructure, and security.
– Act as the focal point for APAC and work with the global technology leadership team in bringing an alignment of the global technology roadmap and setup.
– Manage the application technology team to ensure the application delivery standards, availability, and support.
Identify the latest technology and development in order to help the organization develop new Fintech initiatives for example Blockchains.
– Engage with senior management and various stakeholders to drive and obtain project buy-in, and acquire necessary resources to complete these projects.
– Manage overall IT budget and resources.
– Manage and maintain the IT strategy and policies to achieve high safety and efficiency to comply with the regulatory requirements.
– Maintain the infrastructure availability and stability including Data Centers, DR sites, BCP and continency drills, etc.
– Manage a large-size technology team, with appropriate human resources planning, training, and review.
– Manage large-scale firmwide programs which could impact the major business development of the firm.
– A strong proven track record of leading a large IT division and operations including application development and infrastructure management.
– Strong experience in managing all-rounded IT services, ideally from an international banking environment (e.g. Core Banking, Payments/Treasury, FX, Trade, and/or Lending).
– Strong experience in managing large-scale IT projects, ideally with experience in open platform technology, mission-critical systems, and IT innovation programs.
– Exposure to the latest innovative technology stack including Cloud, AI/ML, and Blockchain would be a great plus.
– Strong experience with Infrastructure management including data center, network, servers, and IT services.
– Strong experience in vendor management across various applications and infrastructure vendors.
– Strong management experience. Strong ability to perform team transformation and changes.
– Project management experience in planning, budgeting, and architecture design.
– Strong verbal and communication skills to interact with senior management, team members, vendors, etc.
– Being champion or practitioner of Agile practices viz SCRUM, RUP etc
– Excellent communications skills in English.
– Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering from a reputable University. MBA is highly preferable.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large-scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)