We often get told that “soft skills” are very important to progress in one’s career and in life in general. But, what exactly is that and what can one do to cultivate better soft skills? We are privileged to have Khyati Kapai on the podcast to talk about that. Khyati is the Founder and Principal Consultant of Yzer Solutions which specialises in the provision of customised training, coaching and consulting services for individuals and organizations in the Asia-Pacific region. So let me first of all welcome Khyati to the podcast.
- Please introduce yourself and Yzer Solutions
- What got you interested in this space?
- Roughly how many people have you coached and what are the top 3 typical revelations one has when attending one of your workshops? Please elaborate on them
Going into soft skills:
- How would you define “soft skills” ? What are the elements that make up “soft skills”?
- Why is it important for one to improve one’s soft skills?
- As candidates in a competitive job market, how can one benefit from stronger soft skills?
- What about introverts and shy people? Is it harder for them to hone their soft skills?
- Please talk about some practical tips on what one can do to start working on each element of one’s soft skills
- I attended your workshop once and I saw how easily gaps in communication easily build because the understanding of phrases is different between the speaker and the listener. Can you speak to that?
- When both parties are communicating in their 2nd language, what can one do to minimize communication gaps?
- How important is using one’s hands for gestures when it comes to communicating?
- What can one do when ego gets in the way of communication?
- Having led several workshops and trained several people in this space, what are your top 3 tips for individuals and companies?
- If there’s one key takeaway in the form of an exercise that you’d like to leave our listeners with, what would it be?
- Is there anything else that you’d like to say or share that I have not asked?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download